Monday, November 06, 2006

Psalm 8 (a paraphrase)

O Lord, my Sovereign, how majestic is Your name which shadows and haunts my life.

You've placed Your glory where I can see from afar, and yet not conceive of it or lay hold of its understanding. From small, simple places You haunt Your words and the pulse of passion into my overblown, inflated life. There is no argument against You because You leave us all aloof and perplexed. But when I look at the immensity of Your fingerprint on the world and the inconceivable galaxies, who am I that You would waste even a thought on me; my spirit that You would aportion breath and sustenance and even the slightest of pleasantries. Yet You made me in Your image; Your composure; managing the same emotions as You. And You delegated Your energy and creativity and love as a mark to my species. You even allow me the honor of responsability in this madening, stubborn place. I am unbound with dominion over every other living thing.

O Lord, my Sovereign, how majestic is Your name which shadows and haunts my life.

1 Comments:

At December 13, 2006 4:30 PM , Blogger Jeff said...

This is awesome.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home